Great, well sourced article on opioids

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
leggo_my_legs

Great, well sourced article on opioids

Post by leggo_my_legs »

General article discussing unliklihood of becoming addicted, if anyone needs some stats.

http://reason.com/archives/2018/03/08/a ... n-pills-is

ViewsAskew

Re: Great, well sourced article on opioids

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

A very good article. Thanks.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Glad you enjoyed it. I've been seeing more of these lately, which is a good thing. Here's one from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... 1fe9c2bd36

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

leggo, it is a good sign if the Washington Post is going to carry an article like that. Other media sources are more likely to pick up on an article from the Post than many other papers. And of course there is also the advantage of exposure to both the politicians in DC as well as the bureaucrats in agencies like the FDA and the CDC.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

I read the Washington Post article with tears in my eyes. What has happened to our medical care here in the U.S.? I went on to read the comments and was so sad to read stories of unrelenting pain suffered because of people that abuse pain meds. Some comments were less than kind and I hope those people don't have to suffer pain that can't be controlled by any other drug but an opioid. I appreciate you bringing these articles to our attention. Maybe there will be hope. Thank you Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation for advocating for us in Washington D.C.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Agree, bassetmom. Sad and frightening. Infuriating at times too.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

leggo_my_legs wrote:Agree, bassetmom. Sad and frightening. Infuriating at times too.

Yup - all of the above all at the same time.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

Thank you Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation for advocating for us in Washington D.C.
Hear, hear.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.