Magnesium Oil

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
2BassetMom

Magnesium Oil

Post by 2BassetMom »

Last week a friend gave me a spray bottle of Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil. I was wondering if anyone here has used this with any success. I visited their website for usage directions etc. I've tried it but it may be too early to tell if it will be effective. I already take extra magnesium daily and soak in Dr. Teal's Eucalyptus/Spearmint Epsom Salts every night.

badnights

Re: Magnesium Oil

Post by badnights »

I haven't tried it. I have had a hard time finding any reliable information that helpful amounts of magnesium can be absorbed through the skin. Let us know if it makes a difference.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

If I had a nickel for every item that people have given me to try I could maybe buy a milkshake which would make me feel better lol. People care and want to help but golly it gets old. My daughter and husband get excited every time I receive something. I understand but it's hard to explain to others if they haven't experienced this that just because it is natural doesn't guarantee it will work. I'll let you know if I get results.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I've tried a Magnesium Oil Spray.... it was so successful that it is sitting half full in the bathroom cabinet :roll:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

I hear you! I'll use half the bottle so at least the family will know I tried.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I'm a skeptic but still bought some as well as a cream. I think rubbing any lotion on my legs has the same effect.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yankiwi wrote:I'm a skeptic but still bought some as well as a cream. I think rubbing any lotion on my legs has the same effect.

Does for me!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.