Let's Talk Table Tennis

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
TimG

Let's Talk Table Tennis

Post by TimG »

I started learning to play table tennis a couple years ago. What a fun sport it is! It's claimed that this is one of the best active sports for seniors like myself to play, engaging both brain and body. I've been taking lessons, which has really improved my game. Any other table tennis players out there?

ViewsAskew

Re: Let's Talk Table Tennis

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lessons, huh? Sounds like fun! But, no, I do not play.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I loved it! My parents had a table. We called it ping pong. But I haven't played in years.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Last I played was at a holiday complex in Malta in 2014.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

I love it too! Haven't played in years. Had one growing up.

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

Yes!! I love table tennis and was playing twice a week until I cracked a pelvic bone back in February. My ultimate PT goal is to be back in the game. I'm 74 and the oldest of the group I play with, but not by much. I think everyone's well over 50. We are competitive but not serious about it, and whoops of laughter are common when we're together.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

We just moved into a condo complex that has a table. We haven't tried it, yet....I imagine I will be terrible since I have not played since I was about 7. We have been regularly playing billiards, though.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

AlonsoDil

Post by AlonsoDil »

I love table tennis. Haven't played in ages though. A buddy of mine has a table at his house so we used to play a lot. Not sure why we stopped honestly.
Check out great interior design tips on Home Pursuits and you'll love it.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Not sure why we stopped honestly.
You could revive the tradition. There aren't many fun indoor physical activities like table tennis.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I grew up in a house with a table in a long narrow sun porch. Needless to say, we had a lot of unique rules. There was a fairly low light with a big glass shade above the middle. Hitting it was called “ringing the doorbell”. Cousins and small children loved playing our version of table tennis.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yankiwi wrote:I grew up in a house with a table in a long narrow sun porch. Needless to say, we had a lot of unique rules. There was a fairly low light with a big glass shade above the middle. Hitting it was called “ringing the doorbell”. Cousins and small children loved playing our version of table tennis.

:mrgreen:

Managing Your RLS