Social Security - US

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
badnights

Re: Social Security - US

Post by badnights »

I must have been zopicloned when I wrote that.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

OK - results are back. No lupus. YAY. I didn't think it likely. No Sjogren's, either. Already knew it wasn't RA.

The SED was still high, and all three ANA tests were high. The titre was 1:40 this time. The doc says I am either one of those with a high ANA without anything going on...or it could be preclinical. I forgot to ask her about the hypothyroid and if Hashimoto's could be responsible.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Great news. My SED rate is always high. Negative with all the other stuff.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Very good news so far Ann.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I always figured it was inflammation that makes mine high. Especially since I have really bad osteoarthritis.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:Very good news so far Ann.

Yes - mostly good. I do wish I knew why I had so much pain. It really doesn't seem right for fibro, but maybe that is what it is. I haven't started an AD yet because the one she prescribed wasn't covered by insurance.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I always figured it was inflammation that makes mine high. Especially since I have really bad osteoarthritis.

I have no inflammatory issues that we can find. I have the pain, but if it is fibro, it isn't inflammatory. Who knows. The ANA wasn't high before, but this is going back years ago.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Fibro can be very painful. My Doc says I have fibro.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:Fibro can be very painful. My Doc says I have fibro.

My husband, SIL, and niece all have been diagnosed. Which is part of the reason I am skeptical. Can that many people really have it? Or is it being used when docs really don't know what the problem might be?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Maybe you should get a second opinion?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I also feel that Doctors often use the label/diagnosis of Fibro as a kind of coverall when they don't really know what it is.
I have a diagnosis of Fibro this last 10 years of so but I'm not convinced. I do have osteoporosis/arthritis without doubt but the Fibro I'm not so sure.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I did some research after the initial diagnosis. The consensus seemed to be that you should always get a fibro dx from a rheumatologist. I figure I will push that sometime in the future.

My body is doing such odd things lately. I had a sinus infection - haven't had one in 20 years. That was fun...not. It isn't related to all this, but still very annoying.

Then, about a week ago, I started bleeding as if it were menstruation. Except my periods stopped exactly 2 years ago in October. I checked all the possibilities, hoped it was one of the least problematic causes, and made a Drs appt. And even though there is nothing I could find that says it could be a period, it was exactly like a period down to the acne on my face. The flow? Just like it used to be. Cramps? Just like before - very mild starting the day of and for the first 24 hours. The time? 5 days in exactly the same way it used to be. For years, my periods would stop on day 3 to return on the evening of day 4 for another 24 hours. Yup, it did that, too.

The night before the appt, I bent down to pick up something and felt my lower back go into a horrendous spasm. I couldn't straighten for a few minutes and when I did, I wanted to scream. I could barely walk. The morning of, I took a muscle relaxer left from a neck spasm I had a few years ago. Of course, within two hours I was a vegetable and not fit to drive, so I had to cancel the appt.

Today - three days later - the back spasm is diminished, but the buttock and hip trigger points are making it impossible to sit. I swear, some days...

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I had fibroid tumors that caused me to bleed years after my periods had stopped. Ended up having them removed.
Isn't fun getting older?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Views...... Definitely the bleeding needs checked as soon as possible.

I also get random spasms, such agony and they come from out of nowhere. My first words are 'don't touch me, don't help me'..... and when the spasm eventually eases it takes a few days for it to fully disappear.

My fibromyalgia was indeed diagnosed by a rheumatologist, he said it was classic. I guess I'm not sure of the diagnosis because I don't seem as badly off as some sufferers of fibro that I read about. However, I do know that I generally push myself on and perhaps I am a good sufferer. On the other hand I may just have accepted how I am as 'normal' and don't really know what normal is !!

Anyways, Then rheumatologist had me walk up and down the room, said I had fallen arches and sent me directly to the Podiatrist who pulled the innards out of my good trainers and inserted orthopaedic supportive insoles which are indeed most comfortable. I've bought further pairs from Amazon at £20 per pair. Told me to throw away all ibuprofen as it caused more harm that good. But brufen is the one thing that will ease my (fibro?) aches. Needless to say I didn't throw it away but try to use it very sparingly and not regularly.

So sorry that your muscle relaxer affected you as it did.... now to make another appointment and sort that bleeding issue.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I definitely don't have fibroids that are of any size, thankfully. My last exam was a couple months before my periods stopped; I never had excess bleeding, clotting, or the typical issues of someone with them and the gynecologist said there were a few small ones, but no big deal. I guess they could have grown, but this wasn't a heavy period, just a "regular" one for me. Mine have always been relatively light compared to other people's.

I am waiting for a vaccine - Shingrix - to be delivered to the doctor's office. I will go then for both the bleeding and the shot. Promise! If it is one of the more nasty issues, such as cancer, I don't think a week will make that much of a difference. And, hopefully, it's not a big deal at all.

Betty - I think we are both a lot alike in that way. I also don't think I seem nearly as badly off as others and I tend to push myself. I also haven't given up the ibuprofen!

Managing Your RLS