Suddenly got really bad

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Brynmr

Suddenly got really bad

Post by Brynmr »

Last night was bad. I usually take 600mg of Gabapentin at 5:00 and another 600mg at 9:00. I missed my 5:00 by 2 hours and was hit by strong symptoms that 1800mg over a 3 hour period couldn't treat. I finally took 2 of the 3 hydrocodone tablets left over from a tooth extraction. That did it, thank goodness. That was a nasty 3 and half hours. I never experienced that before even when I was late taking my meds. I hope this doesn't signal a new level in my RLS disease.

stjohnh

Re: Suddenly got really bad

Post by stjohnh »

Brynmr, I hope this isn't a trend as well. I found that if I miss the usual timing of my meds, that it does indeed take much more to control the worsening of RLS symptoms than if I get my meds at the usual time.
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I also hope not. But, as Holland said, I also suffer tremendously if my timing is off. I have multiple alarms on my phone - I use an app that just plays for 15 seconds and stops, so I don't have to find the phone if I am cooking or something. I have it go off about 30 minutes early to get me thinking about it, lol. Then again at the time.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Brynmr

Post by Brynmr »

Tonight no problem and meds on time. Lesson learned - also programed my phone alarm. Funny thing is it's a $15 flip phone so the repeat alarm only works for weekdays LOL.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm another with phone alarms. It's easy to get distracted and think I'll take my meds in a minute and then forget so I like Views idea of a warning alarm.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I love the app I found. Phone is not next to me...but it allows me to program alarms that auto-stop. I can set it for as long as I want. I use 15 seconds. It is long enough to capture my attention, short enough not to bother me, and goes off on its own so I don't have to hunt it down when am otherwise engaged. I am not one to have my phone by my side...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I've got phone alarms too. I would never take meds on time.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I missed my 5:00 by 2 hours and was hit by strong symptoms that 1800mg over a 3 hour period couldn't treat. I finally took 2 of the 3 hydrocodone tablets left over from a tooth extraction. That did it, thank goodness. That was a nasty 3 and half hours. I never experienced that before even when I was late taking my meds.
I, as well, found that inconsistency with gabapentin. Perhaps to do with how well it is absorbed one time vs the next time.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.