Hyland's Restful Legs

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Janet Buschert

Hyland's Restful Legs

Post by Janet Buschert »

Hi Friends. This is available over the counter at our stores. When I looked up the ingredients many looked like they are independently scary and potentially dangerous. Does anyone know anything more about this medication and its safety? Thank you.

ViewsAskew

Re: Hyland's Restful Legs

Post by ViewsAskew »

It isn't really a medication. It is homeopathic and because they are diluted to such an extent, I cannot see it harming anyone.

Over 1800 studies show that homeopathy doesn't work, however. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180954534/

a few people have been desperate enough to try it. To my knowledge, no one here has even said it helped.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

If you read the fine print on the Hylands package, you will see a disclaimer that says that it is not a treatment for RLS. Of course, this is buried in the fine print so that they can sell it to unsuspecting RLS patients who are desperate for relief.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

Before my RLS got so bad, I used to use this. It usually helped some. Now that the RLS has gotten much worse it doesn't usually work well at all.

pinkynose

Post by pinkynose »

I tried it. At first it seemed to help a little. Then not at all. I still have a 1/2 used bottle somewhere.

srgraves01

Post by srgraves01 »

I tried this too. It seemed to help for a while and then it didn't. Possibly a placebo effect.

Steve

Slanecd

Post by Slanecd »

jul2873 wrote:Before my RLS got so bad, I used to use this. It usually helped some. Now that the RLS has gotten much worse it doesn't usually work well at all.
Same
I used it too and it worked when things were mild. It’s much worse now and have had to move to prescriptions