Anxious

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Anxious

Post by EeFall »

I am at home by myself and I was working on this project to create a hummingbird and print it off on a 3D printer. Now I quit doing it as I became anxious, frustrated, my body feels like it is scared and afraid and I feel like yelling and screaming. I don't understand why this is happening other than because of RLS and the Suboxone I take to make it better. I just feel so bad, it doesn't always make it better as this is a perfect example.

My job lasted for 2 1/2 months and then last Thursday they lost a big contract and a bunch of us were given one day notice. I was just getting used to working again but in a way I am glad I am not working. A few times the above happened to me at work, fortunately there was no one around to see me freaking out. I am sick of this. I don't think I should be taking Suboxone anymore, it has been about 6 years now but the problem is I have taken virtually everything else and everything else stopped working. Suboxone is $338 a month now. Seems like every month it goes up, probably because of all the people complaining about people being hooked on opioids. Without this I can imagine that my life would go down very quickly. I would get zero sleep. I saw a video of a guy who couldn't sleep and he died after about 2 years of zero sleep. He died moving about in a bed half out of his mind.

That really does scare me as I know the last time I got off 4 meds at once I barely slept for a month. It was a bad time to say the least. A living nightmare. I am thankful for every night that I am able to sleep. It hasn't helped that for the last few weeks my wife and I have been sick. They didn't think it was the flu, but now that we are almost back to normal we both think it probably was the flu and I probably also had pneumonia. A few times I got the cold shakes and they were so bad that I had to calm myself or the shaking itself may have hurt me. Hard to explain but it was like my neck, jaw, and other parts of my body were clinching up.

Last two days it has been nice out, in the 70's f. Very good as we have had the worse winter since we moved here in 1980. I am feeling a little better just talking about this. It is just really strange. Hope you all are doing well. Later.

stjohnh

Re: Anxious

Post by stjohnh »

EeFall,
It sounds like you are having panic attacks. AFAIK this is not caused by RLS, but lack of sleep might make it worse. I don't know if Suboxone can cause panic attacks. Best to see your doc and ask if this might be panic attacks.

I know you had iron infusions a few years ago, but the treatment has advanced. There are at least 5 different types of iron used for IV infusions. They work fine for the usual patient that gets iron, that is, someone with severe iron deficient anemia (IV iron infusions are not usually given to RLS patients, but that that is starting to change due to advances in IV Iron therapy and the increasingly strong evidence that RLS is caused by BID, Brain Iron Deficiency). The response rate for several types of IV iron is much less than the best. The best studied and most effective iron for RLS is Injectafer. You might talk to your doc about Injectafer. Do a search here and you will get lots of info. It is the only iron drug recommended by the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group.
Blessings,
Holland

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

stjohnh,

Awesome reply. Thanks for the info. I will look into Injectafer.
stjohnh wrote:EeFall,
It sounds like you are having panic attacks. AFAIK this is not caused by RLS, but lack of sleep might make it worse. I don't know if Suboxone can cause panic attacks. Best to see your doc and ask if this might be panic attacks.

I know you had iron infusions a few years ago, but the treatment has advanced. There are at least 5 different types of iron used for IV infusions. They work fine for the usual patient that gets iron, that is, someone with severe iron deficient anemia (IV iron infusions are not usually given to RLS patients, but that that is starting to change due to advances in IV Iron therapy and the increasingly strong evidence that RLS is caused by BID, Brain Iron Deficiency). The response rate for several types of IV iron is much less than the best. The best studied and most effective iron for RLS is Injectafer. You might talk to your doc about Injectafer. Do a search here and you will get lots of info. It is the only iron drug recommended by the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall - you and your wife have had a pretty rough few weeks and I'm glad that the flu (or whatever it was) has now gone and you are on the up in that regard.
Remember what a journey you had to find rls relief, when you eventually found Suboxone. It would be strange if the Suboxone was to cause these episodes after all of this time. I agree with stjohn that it does sound very much like a panic attack.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Panic attacks are terrifying. My husband has had several. Hope you are both feeling better.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

All my other meds stopped working so it is not a big surprise that Suboxone may be messing with me also. I think it has been about 6 years, nothing has lasted that long except Mirapex and of course that became a nightmare.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:All my other meds stopped working so it is not a big surprise that Suboxone may be messing with me also. I think it has been about 6 years, nothing has lasted that long except Mirapex and of course that became a nightmare.
:(
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I had panic attacks in the 80's. Not fun. I have started taking Mirapex weekly. It helps for 2 nights. I just don't dare take it anymore often. I alternate with other stuff for the other 5 nights.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I had panic attacks for a while. Not caused by any medication. My reaction to stress in my life, I guess. As soon as I knew it was panic attacks and not something wrong with my heart, I was able to start controlling them. Eventually they went away.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.