Relaxis

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
gln

Relaxis

Post by gln »

I read an article about using Relaxis pads to relieve symptoms. This device requires a prescription. Has anyone tried one?

ViewsAskew

Re: Relaxis

Post by ViewsAskew »

A few people here have. The results, if I remember correctly, have been mixed. Maybe 50/50?

If you look at the top right of the screen, there is a search box. Put relaxis in it and you will find posts. Of course, some will just mention it, as yours did, but you can find the ones that discuss it with a bit of patience.

Welcome to the board, gln.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Didn't help me. Made my feet feel weird.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Not a Relaxis but my husband has a Revitive, advertised as a circulation booster.
It has been up in the loft for several years, which goes to show how good he thought it was.
So down it came for another chance.
I decided to have a go and lasted less than 5 minutes. RLS symptoms kicked in and that was the end of that.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

I have a relaxis pad. The results are very mixed and I would say probably not worth the money. It works well for my symptoms if I go to bed during the day and the legs start but at night time it rarely has a positive effect and sometimes it actually makes the legs worse. It is sort of soothing though. I have heard a few people say that a vibration plate (a piece of gym equipment) works well for them - as I understand it they spend a spell on the plate before bed. They can be picked up quite cheaply second hand and I would think might make a better starting point than a relaxis pad if you can accommodate one - space is an issue for me. If the vibration plate works it is possible the relaxis pad would also as the bio-mechanics are surely similar.

brossman

Post by brossman »

I tried it while transitioning from one drug to another and it did not help at all. The company was very helpful though. Gave me tips about different ways to use it, but to no avail. I ended up returning it for a complete refund of my money.