Very Tired

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
stjohnh

Re: Very Tired

Post by stjohnh »

Deb, I know your ferritin has been high in the past, but the levels were so high as to suggest some other problem. Perhaps you took iron just before the test? The test should be done fasting, on an empty stomache, with no oral iron for 48 hours before the test. Most people will have levels below 200 if they do that. Ferritin can also be falsely elevated if there is inflammation anywhere in the body. I'm reaching here because your treatment options seem so limited and if you could get an IV Iron infusion you might be much better.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I had stopped taking iron years before my last ferritin test last year. My ferritin levels are still high. I do have a great amount of inflammation in my body from arthritis. I have had for a very long time. CRP has been high since 1997, maybe even before that. No Doctor has ever addressed it. I also have high blood pressure. Cardiologist tells me my heart is fine, yet my legs are swollen all the time. About 2 years now. I won't see him anymore. My primary does just fine.
Thank you

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Deb, I forgot, why are you trying to wean off the methadone? With the family concerns perhaps it would be better to wait if you really must get off it. Also if kratom seems to help a bit, maybe you should increase the dose, 1/2 tsp is a low dose. Kratom is used by people to ease opiod withdrawal, besides being an effictive RLS treatment.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Ok great !

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hugs to you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I looked at the teaspoon I use for my kratom. It is 1/2 t. I've been putting 2 in to make a whole teaspoon.
I am trying to wean off because I started having several nights without spasms. I was hoping that as my back heals after the fusion, it would keep getting better. I hate being on meds, especially the methadone. I am terrified that some day they won't let people stay on it for long periods. Besides I also hate the hyperalertness. Living while taking meds all the time which make me feel funny isn't a life.
Even when I was sleeping better I was still tired all the time.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Finally got some sleep last night. I increased the Kratom and took a little hemp oil too, both twice during the night.
Hemp oils makes me sleepy.
I realized that it has only been a week since I weaned down another half tab of methadone. It never takes long for me to feel awful. Better today.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Yay!!
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm just awake tonight.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Since I have been trying to wean off methadone, it's getting interesting. I'm starting to get some sleep.
Night before, I had spasms most of the night. Even taking most of my extra stuff, wasn't working, then finally slept 4 hrs.
Last night I slept all night. 10 hrs, without my extra stuff, (Kratom, hemp, oxy, mirapex). I rotate extra stuff when needed.
Saturday night was funny too. Usually I know when I'm getting sleepy enough to take a nap in my chair for an hour or so. I fell asleep in my chair, slept 3 hours. Then went to bed and slept another 8 hours.
Of course when I stop another 2.5 mg of methadone, it will be hard again. Won't do that until the first of May.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I have only been taking mirapex once a week. Otherwise it doesn't go well. I have begun to notice a pattern. On the night I take it, I sleep fairly well. No spasms. The next night I find it difficult to sleep. Tonight I slept about 2 hours midnight to 2 am. I went to bed about 10 pm. I was sleepy but couldn't fall asleep. Since 2 am, I have been wide awake.
I know from past experience that when I took Mirapex everyday my sleep kept getting shorter every night, to finally only 2 hours a night. I had been looking forward to the weekly night of fairly good sleep. Now I'm thinking it's not worth it.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was finally able to sleep this morning, about 8 am to noon.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I was finally able to sleep this morning, about 8 am to noon.
Small victories...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Oh... wonderful..... to sleep for four whole hours.

I hope you get another good strike.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I just don't whether to take anymore mirapex. I keep track of my sleep and it has only been the last 2 times that this has happened. This makes since because everytime I try adding mirapex my sleep time gets shorts. So it will continue to happen.