Very Tired

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
badnights

Re: Very Tired

Post by badnights »

I sleep better with my head and shoulders elevated a bit. MAybe that's true for you too.
Anyway, it doesn't matter as much where you sleep as that you sleep. If the chair works, the chair it should be.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

After last night I feel I was wrong about the chair but maybe not. My spasms are so bad again, like before my surgery. I had only gone down on gabapentin a little yesterday. I went right back up today.
It just dawned on me, it feels like augmentation. I had been taking mirapex once a week, except the last dose I took in the middle of the week. It's the afternoon and the spasms woke me up from a nap. I was sleepy from a bad night. I'm so sleepy and I can't sit down.
I just read a post from a person having this from infancy. Mine is bad right now, but I can't even imagine their life.
Oh how I hate the drugs. Last night the one oxy that I took only lasted 2 hours, then it started again.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Increasing methadone finally stopped the spasms. Have gone back to my other dose of methadone. 2.5 mg every 6 hours. No more mirapex (DA). Wish I could stop gabapentin. Maybe later I will try to wean.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I wonder if it's possible to augment on once or twice a week. Lord knows. I hope stopping the Mirapex does the trick.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks Beth. I was better the last two nights. I just wish I could stop both of them.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Deb, don't we all wish that we could stop everything. Maybe one of these days ...
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hugs for Deb {{{{{Deb}}}}}}

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I think I have said this before, there seems to be no reason why and when my legs will act up.
Last night for some reason I was sleepy at 7:30 pm. I went to bed. Slept 2 hours. Then I decided to read awhile. Then around 11 pm, the spasms started. They didn't stop for a few hours. Kratom didn't help. Then later I took an oxy 5mg and was able to sleep several hours. The last time I took one was Sunday, but it only gave me 2 hours.
It's just weird.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I saw back surgeon for 6 month check up. The only issue is I'm losing strength in right leg from so many spasms in that thigh. I can hardly lift it up. They want me to do physical therapy again. I quit last time because exercises aggravate my spasms. It's a catch 22. I understand why I need it, except it makes my life worse.
Last night just proves that it doesn't matter what I do.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Don't lose heart, Deb. At least because it's unpredictable you know that it'll get better for no apparent reason, too!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

A weird thing happened last night, I slept 11 hours with 2 bathroom trips.
I accidentally took my gabapentin wrong.
Normal times 5 am, 1 pm, 10 pm
Yesterday 5 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, 10 pm,
I put out 5 am dose the day before. So there was none in my container for this morning. I took it at 5 pm yesterday.
So yesterday I got more than I usually do. It sure was nice to sleep without spasms.
I'm always messing up my meds. I have them all in containers.
So is everyone confused?
Oh well

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

When I was on multiple meds at multiple times, I set out a day's dosing at a time. I tried to be very careful about skipping doses (usually caused poor sleep or jumpy legs) or extra doses (zombie like next day). I took particular care as I was well aware that some days my brain was so goofy that mistakes were easy.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I have a med box with the times and what goes in each one. I confess 5 pm with 5 am
I see what you mean.

badnights

Post by badnights »

The tireder I get the more mistakes I make. I haven't put the milk in the cupboard yet, but the other day I found a cupboard-thing in the fridge. :shock:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I hear you Beth.