Very Tired

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Very Tired

Post by debbluebird »

I can't afford an expensive one. The generic mirapex is what I have and it costs quite a bit. I've been only taking it once a week. I'm sure with that plus gabapentin is the cause of the weight gain. In two weeks my weight jumped up. It seemed like all of a sudden it happened. My eating hadn't changed I don't think. Trying to lose while continuing these drugs will be difficult. I remember when stopping them before how my weight just fell off.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I had put on weight gradually with ropinerole, it was as if the compulsion to eat was impossible to ignore.

Then six months ago I started on Lyrica. Cue another 10 lbs. I'm trying very hard to do something about it. Dr wants to increase the lyrica but I'm saying no at present.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I can't take lyrica, made me suicidal. Good luck to you.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

debbluebird wrote:... The generic mirapex is what I have and it costs quite a bit...

Generic Mirapex should be cheap. I don't take it now, but GoodRX says it is $12 at the local Safeway, $13 at Costco, for 90 tablets, 0.125mg each. (But also says same amount is $81.00 at CVS and $91.00 at Walgreens. It is shameful the way pharmacies manipulate drug prices.)

Unless you have wonderful insurance or your name is Bill Gates, it is very worthwhile to closely monitor what your pharmacy is charging you. BTW, pharmacies do NOT charge the same amount to every customer, they use a complex pricing formula. You might pay $10 for 20 tablets of drug A, the next person might pay $45 for the exact same prescription.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks for reminding me to check. I usually do with new prescriptions.
We usually go to either Safeway or Walmart. The last time I filled it, it was Walmart. At that time my insurance required it be filled there. I just checked and Safeway is cheaper now. If I get it filled again, I will switch.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

debbluebird wrote:Thanks for reminding me to check. I usually do with new prescriptions.
We usually go to either Safeway or Walmart. The last time I filled it, it was Walmart. At that time my insurance required it be filled there. I just checked and Safeway is cheaper now. If I get it filled again, I will switch.
Your insurance can only specify pharmacies at which they will cover part of the price. It happens frequently that the out-of-pocket amount you pay will be LESS if you don't have the insurance company involved. That's the beauty of GoodRX, they tell you how much it will cost without using your insurance, which not infrequently is LESS than with insurance, even at the same pharmacy. Crazy system we have here.

When I was on dipyridamole (generic), before I understood this, I had my Rx filled at Costco. Using my insurance, my out-of-pocket was $153 for 90 tablets. When I started using GoodRX codes, the cost went down to $55, AT THE SAME COSTCO!!
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yep !

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I guess I get surprised every time my sleep gets worse. I've been getting 4 to 5 hours with taking extra meds, but I feel like $#%@. It seems like all I do is complain. I need 8 to 10 to feel good. So this week I won't be taking the extra meds, which will mean very little sleep. Of course I could get surprised. ☺

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Here is hoping for a surprise!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

https://www.disclose.tv/losing-a-pet-is ... jucXcwaRG8
The above is to an article about how painful it is to lose a pet.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thank you Ann, a very good article. It is very hard and lonely.
Regarding my son in law's death my Daughter, her family, friends and I have been contacting all the Senators and Representatives. She has been spending many weeks on this, I hope this has helped her. There was a law that was passed around 1970, that took money away from the widows. She gets his retirement money, but she should be getting the money from social security. She is losing $1,000 a month because of the law, because he was active duty and death was service related.
We have been calling all of Congress to encourage them to co-sponser the new laws to reverse the one in 1970.
Senate - S622 Military Widows Tax Elimination Act of 2019
House - HR553 Military Surviving Spouces Equity Act.
This weekend she is going to Washington DC to attend the National TAPS conference Tragedy Assistant Program for Survivors. She will be also contacting some of Congress, while she is there.
The government took money out of his check every month in the event of his death. So it is not taking money from somewhere else.
Another thing that is unfair, is that she can't remarry until she she 57, or she loses more money. So at age 57, if she remarries, she get it the money. It just doesn't make sense. If she does not remarry, she won't.
It's a lot of money over time.
All government employees are exempt from this. They get all of their money.
Sorry that this isn't RLS related, I just need to vent.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am in awe of her! I, too, hope this is helping her. I will make no comment about this - if I do, I will end up on a soapbox. So many issues with our government these days from my perspective. Stopping now before I end up writing a novel. I do hope she can get what is fair.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks Ann. There are thousands of widows who need the law changed. She recently talked to a lady in her 80's, who was happy about what Katie is doing.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That must make your heart a teeny bit happier.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

For a very long period of time I've had a bad burning nerve pain in the right groin. After my back surgery the area reduced from 5 or 6 inches to about 2 to 3 inches. Well last night I realized that it is gone. I think it's been gone for awhile, maybe a month or a little less. My spasms in general are about the same. They still seem to be generated from the middle of my right thigh.
I'm now hoping that maybe that will start to go away too.