Medical Marijuana

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
chuas2

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by chuas2 »

Hi! I also posted on the "great article about opiates" thread, about all my pain meds plus ativan just getting yanked (because I don't have cancer, is what they said).
Anyway, my symptoms are going nuts. Last night I went online and ordered CBD:THC 500 MG 18:1 and 1:1. So yeah, currently symptoms awful, and I just took half dropper of the mostly CBD tincture, and a couple drops of the half and half. Only four hours of sleep a night these days. Hoping this knocks me out and I can get five...I'm going to catch up on all the info in this thread in the meantime!

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

I hope you find the right combination. I came to realize that we are all different, and what seems to be a magical cure for some does nothing for others. I think part of it may have to do with how long we’ve had rls. I even tried RSO recently and thought I had finally found the cure ..... for about 3 weeks. We have at least 30 dispensaries here, and I think my husband went to just about all of them over the past 2 years before he brought home the CBD. I just woke up after about 6 hours of solid sleep. I plan to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. The main thing for me is that it was not rls that woke me up, I noticed last week that Bed Bath and Beyond had a big ad for CBD on the back page of their regular brochure right below the coupon. That was a welcome surprise. I wish you the best. Peggy

badnights

Post by badnights »

The vape oil I am using now is Jedi Kush (also called Jed-High Kush) , Indica, THC 66.21%. I'm on my 3rd Jedi cartridge. Mfg. Green Star Naturals.
Thanks, Jim.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

wantok

Post by wantok »

Hi, Peggy,
MM really does work for you! Did you get the CBN and/or muffin recipes? (I did figure a way to get the CBD Critical Mass and should have it in 10 days to try.)

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

Hi,

So far I haven’t needed to try anything else. The dispensary has continued to somehow get a couple of bottles of the hemp tincture each week and I’m buying them both, so I’m building up a little supply, so I haven’t had to look for other things, but I did also buy another Critical Mass vapor pen cartridge. Both are working really well right now. I’m trying to use a minimal amount of each of them to make them last as long as possible and still do the job. Thanks for the links you sent. I’m saving them for now, for possible future use. Hope the Critical Mass works for you when you get it. It’s working great, even though I hadn’t used any for more than 2 years. It makes me cough, but a few swallows of water get the coughing stopped in a matter of a minute or two, and majority of the time, I fall asleep in 20 minutes or less and sleep soundly for at least 1-4 hours. Let me know how it works for you when you’ve had a chance to try it.

wantok

Post by wantok »

Anecdotal success: I have found CBD tincture (with teeny amounts of THC) helpful with the twists and turns of benzo withdrawal. I believe you can get CBD in every state.

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

Hi wantok,

I’m so happy to hear about your success. Yes, since CBD doesn’t get you high, I would agree, no reason to restrict it. But it can definitely be helpful with rls symptoms. I hope it will continue working for you! Thanks for the update!

wantok

Post by wantok »

Note: CBD NOT helpful with PLMD, only some relief of withdrawal from benzos.

wantok

Post by wantok »

Question about gummies:
Several people mentioned them. What is in them? How do you use them (for sleep or movements)? Will they work without anything else?

Question about the THC:CBD 1:1 dose that several people indicate helps them: how much of each?

FYI: THCA is non-psychoactive form of THC that is the same basically medically speaking.

Thanks. Having a rough time now.

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

I’ve only used gummies with other things, so I don’t really know too much about how they work on their own. I don’t know if they all contain the same ingredients or same ratios of ingredients. Haven’t tried any for a year or two. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Even though I have been using mm since 2015, there’s still a lot I don’t know. I’ve learned that just because something works, it doesn’t mean the same formula will be available the next time I go out shopping.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I am a regular gummy user. They are essentially gelatin with a bit of sugar and flavoring to cover the marijuana taste. You can get them in various THC:CBD ratios, although 100% THC are the most common and the next is 50:50. They are usually sold with mixed flavors on a theme, such as tropical red white and blue, ... Most that I have seen come where one piece has 10mg of combined THC and CBD.

The thing to be aware of with gummies and other edibles is that they take an hour or two to kick in and are then effective for another 6 to 8 hrs. Most of the people in my area that go to the ER for marijuana problems go there because they are novice users who did not listen to the bud tender's warnings about taking it slow. They eat one 10g edible (gummie, cookie, candy, ...) and when they don't feel anything in a half hour, they eat another. But the time the second kicks in, the person is VERY stoned and can barely walk.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

Thanks, Steve, that’s very helpful information! I might try them again now that I know this.

Peggy

wantok

Post by wantok »

I'm not fond of getting high. The indica gummies 1:1 I am guessing get you high?

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

They don’t get me high, but everyone is different. Actually, once I’m asleep I don’t know if I’m high or not. Sleep is my goal.

QyX

Post by QyX »

wantok wrote:I'm not fond of getting high. The indica gummies 1:1 I am guessing get you high?
It all depends on the amount of THC you are taking. Unfortunately even relatively small amounts of THC can get you high, however it is also the THC that will make you sleep.

I would recommend giving it a try and start at a really low dose.

For me my RLS symptoms and sleep is so bad that without Marijuana, my life quality would be pure horror. So I don't mind being a bit every day before I fall asleep. I've gotten quite used to it and sometimes even enjoy it.