If you have been denied opioid treatment

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jul2873

If you have been denied opioid treatment

Post by jul2873 »

If you have been denied treatment with opioids, you should check out this link which is a description of a class action suit brought against the government for putting out the regs. that have made opioids unattainable for many suffering people. I think 16 states have joined so far. https://sickofsuffering.com/ It was started by a vet who couldn't get treatment for chronic pain.

chuas2

Re: If you have been denied opioid treatment

Post by chuas2 »

Thank you for this link! In the interest of full disclosure, I wasn't denied, I was cut off. So I've got pain, withdrawal, and fury. The veritable trifecta that fuels class actions such as this.

ARGHHHHH!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for posting.

I was cut off twice, thankfully had a small stash and was able to afford to go to SoCal and see Dr. Buchfuhrer. It would have SO sucked, as chuas2 can attest, otherwise.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

Actually, I think many of the people in the suit were cut off. Sorry that I didn't describe it accurately.

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

No, your description was fine, jul2873. When I looked at the sickofsuffering site, it was easy to tell that the only criteria was that you were suffering and had been denied medications that might give you a break from it. I have two doctors who don't believe the condition exists. Sigh.....

QyX

Post by QyX »

I hope this suit has success but while I know not much about the regulations in the U.S. I feel like there is the argument that it is up to individual doctors to decide which is the right treatment. I did not read the details but I feel like this is an easy defence against the suit, especially with the CDC clarifying that the guidelines were never meant to be used in an absolute way.

Anyway, I will monitor this suit and hope it goes well for all the patients involved in this.