Methadone adjustment; changing to oxycodone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Oozz

Re: Methadone adjustment; changing to oxycodone

Post by Oozz »

QYX - how is the quality of your sleep on opioids? This study http://jcsm.aasm.org/articles/030106.pdf pretty clearly demonstrates they reduce slow wave sleep. I’m so fascinated that a lot of other people here get great sleep on opioids. I’m wondering if it is just good sleep as compared to RLS sleep ( some sleep better than no sleep).

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oozz wrote:QYX - how is the quality of your sleep on opioids? This study http://jcsm.aasm.org/articles/030106.pdf pretty clearly demonstrates they reduce slow wave sleep. I’m so fascinated that a lot of other people here get great sleep on opioids. I’m wondering if it is just good sleep as compared to RLS sleep ( some sleep better than no sleep).
I am positive I do not get great sleep, but I get sleep. I had NO deep sleep at all with the PLMS. I was in Stage 1 and 2 the entire time, with a bit of 5. And, that has been since I was a toddler. So, I am THRILLED to sleep and not wake up. And because it has been my whole life, I honestly don't know what good sleep is, so this seems much better.

Am I refreshed? No. Do I feel great? No. Likely never will.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

how is the quality of your sleep on opioids? This study http://jcsm.aasm.org/articles/030106.pdf pretty clearly demonstrates they reduce slow wave sleep. I’m so fascinated that a lot of other people here get great sleep on opioids. I’m wondering if it is just good sleep as compared to RLS sleep ( some sleep better than no sleep).
I think there's not many of us who get a good sleep with opioids. Personally, I don't think I would ever sleep, except in the daytime after they wore off, if I didn't have other meds to help with sleep. I am definitely not refreshed when I wake up. I can definitely feel the lack of deep sleep in my life, I am stupider, less energetic, less of everything. Why do I take opioids? Because it's better than having WED/RLS symptoms.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.