Excellent article on opioids

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
chuas2

Re: Excellent article on opioids

Post by chuas2 »

Thank you Betty and Qyx! I don't know how to measure the kratom powder...ideas?

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

chuas2 wrote:Thank you Betty and Qyx! I don't know how to measure the kratom powder...ideas?
I use this scale ($20) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012 ... UTF8&psc=1

But you probably don't really need it.
1/2 tsp kratom is 725mg
one 00 size capsule of kratom is 360mg
Blessings,
Holland

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

Thank you. I'm a coward when it comes to drugs, so I'll probably start with an 8th tsp. Then if I find it helpful, I'll get the scale. Thanks again!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

chuas2 wrote:Thank you. I'm a coward when it comes to drugs, so I'll probably start with an 8th tsp. Then if I find it helpful, I'll get the scale. Thanks again!
Should work fine. A scale is more accurate, but I find if I measure similarly (pack vs not pack, fluff the material first vs not, etc) that I can be very close.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

Hmmm. I'm thinking I should get the scale. Sigh...I just posted a rant on another thread, lol. Just fed up, tired, in pain, sleepless...ARGH!!

QyX

Post by QyX »

chuas2 wrote:Hmmm. I'm thinking I should get the scale. Sigh...I just posted a rant on another thread, lol. Just fed up, tired, in pain, sleepless...ARGH!!
I know, at some point you are literally willing to try anything that could theoretically work.

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

Qyx, I'm there, and have realized that no doctors will help me, so...extreme creativity is called for. That and possibly something illegal. I really don't care anymore.

badnights

Post by badnights »

have realized that no doctors will help me,
Honestly it's not as bad as that. You have to find a doctor who will help, and that can be a nightmare, especially when you're incoherent with sleep loss and never-ending torture. But they do exist.

Your pain doc mentioned suboxone - - so don't write him off.

Someone mentioned a neurologist - so get him to give you a referral. Ask for a neurologist specializing in movement disorders. OR better still - ask for a referral to an RLS Quality Care Center. Maybe your insurance would pay some... Regardless, it is the greatest gift you will ever give yourself.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

Thank you Beth. I now have a referral to a neurologist (not for a while tho). I hope I can hold out. After three months without a mailbox,I finally have one and am going to reorder the kratom (which was stolen from the post office after spending months deciding to get it). Ugh.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I'm glad you got the referral. Ask him/her when you see him/her if they're familiar with WED/RLS. Bring a copy of the Foundation's Medical Bulletin for healthcare providers with you, in case he isn't. And a copy of the 2018 consensus guidelines on iron treatment for WED/RLS (click on the link in my signature block; on the page that opens, the 2018 guidelines are at the top).

meanwhile the kratom will help - hope it gets to you this time!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am at the stage of considering kratom to see if it will help me with sleep.
I have previously fought against even considering it. I've never ever taken anything like this despite being 'a child of the 60s'. Another reason is that it is illegal here in UK.

Will a company send it to me here in the UK where kratom is illegal.
Is the packaging discreet, are there any indications of the content.

I have read that red vein Borneo is good for sleep.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

I'm afraid you'll have trouble getting it sent to the UK. You might have to have it sent to a friend in France or Spain or Portugal. It is also illegal in Ireland. But it's been wonderful for me, and I've used it for almost six years. Good luck to you.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

jul2873 thank you, that's what I was thinking
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Hi Betty,

I am in RoI where the consumption of kratom is illegal. I order it from kraatje.eu which is based in the Netherlands. They send it labelled 'colouring powder' (ie a clothes dye) which, as I understand it, is not illegal, although it is clear from their website that it is anticipated that their product will be consumed. They send it via UPS and I have not had any problems so far. I have also used dekratomshop.nl which was also reliable. Payment is tricky as they don't seem to accept credit cards. I set up a transfer from my bank account which is less than ideal but my rls has made me less law-abiding than I would otherwise wish to be.

Rachel

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Legs.... Thanks for this. Just the information I was looking for.
I'll check those sites in a couple of days.
(I have houseguests for another two days and am up to my eyes)
Thanks again.
Betty