Requip and Mirapex together

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
IrishTony

Requip and Mirapex together

Post by IrishTony »

Hi.

I take seroquel and as it causes RLS as a affect, I was prescribed Requip a year ago. I now take 7 mg at night but it takes more and more of the drug to work and I do not want to increase my dosage of Requip. I am switching to Mirapex tomorrow. Here is my question. Can I take both drugs concurrently??

Thank you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yikes! 7 mg is a lot by the current dosing standards.

Tony, did you start at that high of a dose? Or did you increase there, specifically recently?

Yes, you can take both at the same time, but I'd be more interested in why you are stopping Requip and what Mirapex is supposed to be doing.

See, there is this thing called augmentation where the drug itself makes the RLS worse. It happens with Requip and Mirapex. So, if you have augmented on Requip, changing to Mirapex is not likely to help much...

You may already know all of the above, so forgive me if you do.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

This is what dr B said somewhere about mixing M and R (it's funny): it is like going to work in a red Buick and change halfway into a blue one. So, I don't think mixing is a good idea.

Corrie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Tony
I only know what I have researched/googled/and read on this site, but 7mg seems a lot for rls and especially in one dose, and why take Mirapex as well, which does the same thing (more or less). Perhaps I have misunderstood somewhere along the line.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I.T., Just an hello and welcome to the site. I know others have taken both simultaneously but again, as has been said, must be a good reason for taking them both.

Best wishes,

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.