connection between allergies and RLS?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jbj

Post by jbj »

Thanks, Zach. That's the one I am going for, then. There are so many different types out there, I was hesitant. I can't stand the thought of taking one that makes my legs worse.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

JBJ, in this context you might want to read new research on histaminergic therapy and RLS, posted a few days ago in the 'Published Research' section. It's rather interesting.

Corrie

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

That would be Claritin Zack. I take it every day and it doesn't mess with my RLS. I think because it doesn't have the antihistamine that makes you drowsy in it is why it don't mess with the RLS.

jbj

Post by jbj »

Wow! I just finished reading the article. I had just posted questions about allergies and rls this last week. You guys are good! Thank you so much for keeping on to of all the research. I am truly amazed, and grateful.

If I understand the article, additional histamine nerve receptors on the brain somehow explain why a sleepless night from rls doesn't always result in the exhaustion that loss of sleep from other reasons causes. I am not sure, though, that I understand why the antihistamine worsens the rls symptoms. Does the alertness (and need to move) triggered by the rls, get worsened by the sleepiness caused by the antihistamine? I think I am just being dense. Happy there is some research, but not sure I get it. Oh well. It's a start.