Tramadol

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jedsono27

Tramadol

Post by jedsono27 »

I have RLS symptons 24/7. At the present time I am taking 100mg of tramadol 4 times daily and I am wondering if anyone else is taking that much daily or more than that? I was concered about the chance of seizures and wondered if there was anything else out there that would work as well as tramadol. I would love to hear from people that were only taking tramadol and if they tried anything else, if it gave them relief. Also did they continue taking tramadol with the other medication. If so , how many times daily did you take it and how many mg were taken.

I would appreciate any help you could offer me.

Thanks

Jennifer

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Jennifer, I just answered some of your questions in the "Wellbutrin Again" post. Hopefully Josh will pop in here and answer some of your other questions about Tramadol.
Susan

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Hi Jennifer-
Tramadol can cause seizures but usually that occurs at doses above 400 mg per 24 hour time period.... which it sounds like you have reached. So my only 2 warnings about this drug would be to NOT take it if you have a history of seizures or go above the 400 mg maximum.

The usual doses I've seen for tramadol are 100-400 mg per day-- usually 3-4 times per day. Some people only take 50-100 mg at night when their symptoms are at their worse. It's highly variable.

There are other narcotics that work as well as tramadol- such as oxycodone, vicodin, and methadone. But they are usually harder to get and need more monitoring by your doctors.

If the tramadol is working for you- and you aren't experiencing any side-effects, it should be safe to continue. Oh- and if you're sick of taking pills 4 times per day, I think tramadol comes in a "once-a-day" form.
Josh

Neco

Post by Neco »

Ultram E.R - 100mg extended release.