Checking back...Morphine Sulfate Contin still working for me

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
dv

Checking back...Morphine Sulfate Contin still working for me

Post by dv »

Hi all, it's been a while since I have been on the boards.
I just want to report back that MS contin 30/mg 2xday is still working pretty well. I have had some pain in my lower legs, especially when the morphine is wearing off.

Just to fill you in, I first noticed the "buzzing" in my legs in 1995. Back then it was only night time symptoms. As time went on, and with 2 pregnantcies, I had daily symptoms with earlier onset. After finishing breastfeeding, I tried Miripex with major augmentation that never when away, and now have RLS 24/7. I had some relief with sinemet, but had rebound and augmentation with that too, and I wanted to cut off my legs.

After all of this, plus Neurontin and a few others, I went back to what worked, percocet. But he wouldn't give me more than 3 per day.

Well, I was waiting as long as I could to take one, and by that time my RLS was so bad, it took more of the percocet to calm it down. I tried Dr Bs theory to take smaller doses ahead of the symptoms and it worked. I would cut them into 4ths, and space them out during the day, and the RLS would never come.

I confessed this to my doc, sheepishly and said I should have consulted him, but I didn't think about that.

He said he didn't want me playing with my meds like that and suggested time-release morphine. I freaked out. He said don't worry. You take it like you take blood pressure meds and don't think about it.

I started on the 15 mgs, but had breakthrough symptoms. I moved up to 30 mgs and was very tired, but I have adjusted okay. I still use sinemet once in a while for breakthrough RLS.

I am at a military base and never see the same doc twice, but because of my records, I usually can convince them it is what I need, or demand to see someone higher up.

Just wanted to let you know it is still working for me. MS Contin.

I really can't even tell if I have taken it or not, until my RLS starts, and then I know I forgot.

God bless all the sufferers.

Dana
Last edited by dv on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

dv, good to hear from you again and thanks for keeping us posted. I am so very, very, very, happy that things are going so well for you and know that the bliss will continue for a very, very, very, long time. It's so great to hear success stories. I think it gives hope to many who come here feeling there is no hope. Once again, so very, very, very glad.

Best wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Dana, thanks for posting and updating us. It's great that the morphine is still working well for you. :D
Susan